Get your daily 10,000 steps by walking 9 holes of golf! Walk 18 holes and you could walk between 5 to 7 km. Do that three times a week and you’ve got a heart-healthy, all ages, all abilities, fun, outdoor, stress-reducing, social pastime or competitive activity. Cart-pull your clubs or carry them and you’ll burn even more calories.
Strength, power, flexibility, balance, core stability, body awareness, even endurance, they’re all physical traits consistent golfers (even fair-weather players) develop and possess. Create your own “Highway 21 Golf Tour” starting with Indian Hills Golf Course, known for diabolical hills and challenging holes, and work your way northwards to Sunset Golf Course in Goderich. Along the way, play an additional twelve courses – all with various characteristics to challenge every level of golfer. Look for stay and play packages, kids’ camps, twilight specials, local leagues and tournaments.
Bayview Golf Club Ltd.Bayview Golf Club Ltd.
Bayview Golf Club offers a beautiful setting for your next game with cart rentals and a licensed snack bar. The course is a challenging Par 72 and is located 8 minutes north of Grand Bend.
Oakwood ResortOakwood ResortDirector of SalesContact: Jeff Pacheco
Oakwood Resort is a family owned and operated resort located in Grand Bend Ontario. The resort is nestled within a natural setting featuring large mature trees and plenty of green space all just steps away from the beautiful white sand beaches of Lake Huron. With 126 rooms offering a variety of accommodation options including deluxe rooms, suites and cottages. We are the ideal location for a family getaway, a corporate retreat or just a weekend away for two. We also offer a wide range of things to do on site including an eighteen-hole golf course, relaxing spa, dining room and pub, indoor pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, tennis courts, fitness center, access to our private beach, children’s play area and ten thousand square feet of banquet and conference space.
126 Rooms and Suites / Dining, Golf, Spa, Indoor Pool / Open Year Round
- Arkona Fairways Golf Course, Arkona – 8562 Townsend Line, 519-333-6446, arkonafairways.com.
- Bayview Golf Club**, St. Joseph – 72538 Bluewater Hwy., 519-236-4030, bayviewgolfclub.ca.
- Forest Golf & Country Club, Forest – 102 Main St. S., 1-800-265-0214, golfforest.com.
- Indian Hills Golf Club, Lambton Shores – 6991 Lakeshore Rd., 519-786-5505, indianhillsgolf.ca.
- Ironwood Golf Club**, Exeter – 70969 Morrison Line, 519-235-1521, ironwood.net.
- Oakwood Inn Resort & Golf Club**, Grand Bend – 70671 Bluewater Hwy., 519-238-2324, oakwoodresort.ca.
- Sand Hills Golf Resort*, Thedford – 9767 Port Franks Rd., 519-243-1800, golfsandhill.ca.
- Sawmill Creek Golf Club**, Camlachie – 3790 Lakeshore Rd., 519-899-GOLF, sawmill-creek.com.
- Seaforth Golf Club**, Seaforth – 42990 Front Rd., 519-522-0985, seaforthgolf.com.
- Sunset Golf Club**, Goderich – 33937 Golf Course Rd. , 519-524-8047, sunsetgolfclub.com.
- Widder Station Golf and Country Club, Thedford – 8395 Decker Rd., 519-296-4653, widderstation.com.
- Woodlands Links, Clinton – 37858 Huron Rd. (Hwy. 8), 519-482-7144, com.
- Bluewater Golf Course, Bayfield – 77416 Bluewater Hwy., 519-482-7197, bluewatergolfandcamp.ca
- Exeter Golf Club, Centralia – 40374 Kirkton Rd., 519-235-1517, exetergolfclub.ca
There’s one mini putt venue located on Main Street West in Grand Bend. A second can be found at Gold Coast Landscaping, 75526 Bluewater Hwy. in Bayfield.