Year-round, area retailers offer everything you need, whether you’re a local resident, cottager, or area visitor. Beach-themed items are available just steps from the shoreline. Household and renovation materials and supplies, formal, designer and casual clothing, imported and domestic gifts and jewellery – are all available locally. Main shopping hubs include Exeter, Forest, Grand Bend and Bayfield. Jump to retail listings on this page.
Start operation after the Victoria Day Long Weekend and run weekly to the week prior to the Thanksgiving Long Weekend. The first market of 2017 is Friday, May 19 and the last of the season is Friday, October 13.
For Farm Gate locations in Lambton Shores, visit locallylambton.com. Farm Gate maps for Lambton County and Huron County can be picked-up at the Welcome Centre in Grand Bend.
- Wednesdays: Grand Bend Farmers’ Market, Colonial parking lot, 8am-1pm, grandbendfarmersmarket.ca.
- Thursdays: Exeter Farmers’ Market, Baldwin Street, 2pm-6pm, facebook.com/exeterfarmersmarket.
- Fridays: Forest Farmers’ Market, King Street, 8am-1pm. Bayfield Farmers’ Market, Clan Gregor Square, 3pm-7pm, bayfieldfarmersmarket.ca.
- Dashwood & Hensall Community Wide Yard Sales – May 20, 2017
- Town-Wide Yard Sale (Exeter) – June 17, 2017
- Bayfield Rummage Sale (Pioneer Park) – July 14, 2017
- Exeter Sidewalk Sale Days – July 20-22, 2017
- Bayfield Antiques & Collectibles – August 11-13, 2017
- Thanksgiving Market & Sidewalk Sale (Grand Bend) – October 9 & 10, 2017
- Lambton Fall Colour & Craft Festival – October 14 & 15, 2017
- Lucan Christmas Craft Show & Sale – November 3-5, 2017
- Christmas Comes Early (Grand Bend) – November 17-19, 2017
- Christmas in Bayfield – November 17-19, 2017
- Christmas Weekend (Exeter) – November 17-19, 2017
- Ladies Night (Forest) – November 30, 2017
This icon identifies Chamber Member places to shop.
Gallery on Main StreetGallery on Main StreetContact: Victor Alderson & Mark McLean
Gallery on Main Street is owned and operated by Victor Alderson and Mark Mclean, who share time spent at the Gallery answering art lovers questions and working on new pieces.
Victor was a professional photographer for 20 years operating studios in both Forest and Grand Bend, Ontario. Living on the Ausable River Cut near the Pinery Park for 25 years, he had a perfect back drop for portraits.
An avid Lake Huron boater, he has a keen interest in nature, landscapes and Lake Huron sunsets. Victor picked up an artist’s brush and converted his photography display easel into his new support for canvas. He paints in both oil and acrylic media in the year-round sunroom Studio/Gallery at 14 Main Street, Grand Bend, Ontario. The Gallery features over 200 original paintings and 60 photographic images, very popular with international collectors.
Victor favours the Alla Prima style (also called wet-on-wet) which is a direct technique where the painting is completed in one sitting. As well as paintings, Victor offers scenic photography and driftwood sailboats.
Mark works in a style he calls photo representational. His art and the subjects he paints are anointed in a manner that the subject is easily identifiable but not so that you would confuse it with a photo.
Mark paints images that have a personal meaning to him and paints to convey a story. He always uses archival papers and professional quality watercolours to ensure customers receive an image that will be archival.
Mark has exhibited his work in several Paint Ontario exhibits, had a solo show at Victoria Playhouse Petrolia, participated in several juried shows at Victoria Playhouse and exhibited at Gallery in the Grove Sarnia. His work is also shown at the Main Street Gallery in Grand Bend.
He has taken instruction from Jane Garner, Maria Berry and Peg Kivi.
His art at Victoria Playhouse juried show has won an award for best watercolour.
Mark has a solo show scheduled in the Laurence House in Oct 2018 at the Lawrence House Center for the Arts in Sarnia.