Your Needs – Our Business Professionals
The region is well serviced by business professionals. Whether you’re looking for a lawyer and real estate agent to close a deal, or construction firm to build your dream home or cottage, handyman or interior decorator to spruce up your home or cottage, or doctor, dentist, chiropractor or registered massage therapist for your health and well-being, or laundry mat, or automotive services, you’ll find them all locally.
Free WiFi is available at public libraries and these establishments:
- AkSence (Grand Bend)
- Aunt Gussie’s Country Dining (Grand Bend)
- Crabby Joe’s (Exeter)
- Denny’s Drive-In (Grand Bend)
- Eddington’s (Exeter)
- Grandpa Jimmy’s Scottish Bakery (Grand Bend)
- Oakwood Resort restaurants (Grand Bend)
- Pinery Provincial Park’s Visitor Centre (Grand Bend)
- Port Franks Yacht Club (Port Franks)
- Smackwater Jack’s Taphouse (Grand Bend)
- The Colonial (Grand Bend)
- Tim Hortons (multiple locations)
This icon identifies Chamber Member places to obtain services.
Willow HomecareWillow HomecareContact: Landa Coletta
Willow HomeCare’s mission is to enrich the lives of families in providing efficient, compassionate care with delicacy and dignity.
Willow HomeCare’s promise is to provide guidance and support in a direction that helps families feel good about their choices, while enhancing their desire for independence and happiness.
This will be done with accuracy, patience, respect for all people no matter what their race, ethnic or cultural background, their sexual orientation, religious beliefs, disability or illness.
- To ensure a good rapport with clients and their families, providing assistance and information to them as quickly as possible.
- To continue establishing strong client care skills, along with a passion to help achieve optimal physical and emotional comfort for our clients and their families within their own community.
- For dementia care, our objective is to acknowledge the unknown with patience, updated information and an understanding of its complexities within each family dynamic, while believing there will be treatment in the near future.
Willow HomeCare was created out of a need for more choices and alternatives for care around the rural communities of Huron County, Ontario. My father at 91 is living with dementia and my mother, who worked as an NP and RN in the healthcare field for over 45 years and was still working while my father was home, was unable to find enough home care hours for him to stay at home. There was not enough care teams between (CCAC) Community Care Access Centre and limited private professionals, to bring in the hours required for both his safety and for his desire for conversation. At that point we saw a need that presented itself within our own family which soon became apparent was a challenge with other families inside other rural communities.
The idea then became clear to provide a service which suited both the caregiver in providing respite (meaning ‘me time’ ) away from the person they were caring for, and at the same time providing ‘me time’ for the person that required the service of care, without removing any of the life style to which he/she was accustomed to.
What we do is form a team combination with staff and family, and of coarse the person requiring the assistance (even if they feel they are ‘fine’) and provide compassionate assistance revolving around the clients’ terms. We enrich their lives to the fullest, while having them be as much involved in their community as they are willing. Our team has qualified RNs, RPNs, PSWs, home support and a foot care specialist. They all provide support and a caring characteristic, helping families feel good about their choices while enhancing their desire for independence and happiness.
Time does not stop. Age is coming to us all; no matter how many ways we try to cover it up. Willow HomeCare is here to ensure that you are respected, are happy and feel like you belong where you want to be, in a manageable and comfortable environment.