Sailing and boating enthusiasts can find everything they need at the municipal Port Franks Marina, Grand Bend Harbour and Bayfield Marina, which are open from Victoria Day Weekend to Thanksgiving Weekend. Boaters can take the “Safe Boater Get Certified Test” at either the Grand Bend or Port Franks marina office. There are also a number of private marinas in the area.
Since 2009, Grand Bend, Port Franks and Bayfield marinas have boasted Blue Flag status. Blue Flag marinas adhere to a code of conduct concerning environmental responsibility, clean water and established and well-practiced marina management.
For those combining boating with diving, The Wexford wreck is a 250-foot freighter, located 11 kilometres northwest of Grand Bend (GPS: N43 23.78 W81 53.19). Bound for the Port of Goderich in November 1913, The Wexford was one of eight ships lost in the worst storm in the Great Lakes recorded history and dubbed the “White Hurricane”. In 2013, a copper wreath created by Goderich blacksmith James Wallace was affixed permanently to the shipwreck’s bow to commemorate 100 years since the tragedy.
Pinery Provincial Park
Rent canoes, hydro bikes, paddleboats and single or double kayaks for use within in the park. Rental building is near the Park Store.
Grand Bend Harbour/Marina (Blue Flag)
91 River Road / 519-238-2000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates: 42 18 83 N / -81 46 09 W
- Channel Depth: 6 feet
- Dock Depth: 6 feet
- Monitor – VHF Channel: 68
- Amenities: 35 transient slips, 30 seasonal slips, gas dock (diesel), public washrooms, pump out, electrical – 30 & 50 amp, internet, shuttle service, public boat launch, laundry facilities, showers, ice.
Port Franks Harbour/Marina (Blue flag)
7574 Biddulph Street / 519-243-2354 / email@example.com
- Coordinates: 43 14 75 N / 81 55 59 W
- Channel Depth: 4 -10 feet
- Dock Depth: 3 – 4 feet
- Monitor – VHF Channel: 68
- Amenities: 2 transient slips, 70 seasonal slips, public washrooms, pump out, electrical, internet, public boat launch, showers, ice, pavilion & picnic area, park, volleyball court.
Village of Bayfield Marina (Blue Flag)
Long Hill Road / 519-565-2233 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates: 43 34 10 N / 81 42 32 W
- Channel Depth: 8-10 feet
- Dock Depth: 8 feet
- Monitor – VHF Channel 68 & 16″
- Amenities: 20 transient slips, 60 seasonal slips, gas & diesel, washrooms & showers, pump out, electrical – 15, 30 & 50 amp, internet, shuttle service, public boat launch, picnic area & tables, ice.
- Bayfield River Cottage Colony & Marina, 19 Fisherman’s Rd. Wharf, 519-565-2632
- Harbour Lights Marina, 27 Chart House Hill, Bayfield, 519-565-5150
- R&R Marina, 9346 Lake Rd., Kettle Point, 519-786-5604
- Seven Winds Marina, 10009 Superior St., Port Franks, 519-243-2900
- South Shore Marina, 1 Lakeshore Lane, 519-565-2110
- Bayfield Yacht Club: bayfieldyachtclub.shuttlepod.org, 519-565-5480
- Grand Bend Yacht Club: gbyc.ca, 519-238-6676
- Port Franks Yacht Club: portfranksyachtclub.ca
Local Boating & Fishing Providers