Submit your photos here for the 2019 “It Starts At The Beach…and ends where you want!” visitor activities guide. If you have difficulty uploading your photographs, contact the Welcome Centre at 519-238-2001 / email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Friday, November 2, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For photos in which you can identify individual people, please make sure you use the Photo-Permission-Form for EACH person shown. For crowd scenes in which you cannot distinguish an individual person, you do not need to obtain permission.
$100 – FRONT COVER PHOTO AWARD
Past Cover Contest Winners:
- M. Jain (2018)
- Katherine McKillop (2017)
- J. Baillie (2016)
- J. Jewell (2015)
- S. Westaway (2014)
- J. Baillie (2013)
- V. Beeler (2012)
- J. Van Kasteren (2011)
Photographs received through the contest and used in the guide will be given photo credit – your name will appear with your photo.
ABOUT THE VISITORS’ GUIDE
The Grand Bend & Area Chamber of Commerce publishes 35,000 copies of “It Starts At The Beach…and ends where you want!” – the official guide for the Greater Grand Bend Area covering towns, villages and hamlets along the Lake Huron shoreline including Arkona, Bayfield, Dashwood, Exeter, Forest, Grand Bend, Hensall, Ipperwash, Kettle Point, Northville, Parkhill, Port Franks, St. Joseph, Thedford, Zurich and all spots in between .
The Guide is distributed to 300+ locations throughout Ontario, including Ontario Tourism Centres, Chambers of Commerce, Visitors’ Information Kiosks, Huron County Playhouse, Stratford Festival, Blyth Festival and north and south along the Highway 21 area corridor at local restaurants, retailers, museums and attractions, and accommodation providers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Iconic photographs to show off to potential visitors what this area has to offer through all four seasons. We want to grab the viewers’ attention with a photograph that inspires emotion and compels them to pick up the guide.
The winning photo is selected based on the following criteria:
- PEOPLE – it shows a family or children or multi-generational group having fun or doing something
- LOCATION – the photo’s activity is on or near the lake’s shoreline (on land or boat)
- FUN FACTOR – the photo is compelling – it catches the eye because of the fun or beauty factor
- TELLS A STORY – the photo evokes an emotional response, “Wow, I want to go there!” or “I want to do that”
- WILL PRODUCE WELL – the photograph file is large enough for commercial print production (i.e. at least 1MB in size or larger!)
Although only one photo can grace the cover, we use as many photos as we can throughout the guide, on this website, Facebook & Twitter posts and for sharing with official travel writers and destination marketing organizations. In all cases where we share photographs, we ask that photo credit is provided.
Photo subject suggestions:
- people having fun – people in action – on the beach, in the Pinery Provincial Park, in the water, on a boat, hiking, windsurfing, paddle-boating, birding, fishing, golfing, skydiving, parasailing, wakeboarding, fossil-hunting, hanging out at the cottage or trailer, shopping local flea and farmers’ markets, walking up and down the street
- beautiful landscapes & nature shots with people in them – the beach, the Pinery Provincial Park, the Aux Sables River, fields of crops blowing in a summer breeze, fall colours, deer grazing, wildlife doing their thing
- town shots with people in them doing something – stores (inside and out), facilities, amenities, side-streets and parks in local towns and surrounding area, dining locations, romantic dinners
- area events, any and all – Return of the Swans, Ipperwash Maple Festival, Studio Tour, Canada Day, Summer Sunset Sounds Concerts, Zurich Bean Festival, Exeter Ram Rodeo, Pinery’s Road Race, Forest Fall Fair, Beachfest, Santa Claus Parades, farmers markets, Kettle & Stony Point PowWow, Lambton Colour & Craft Show etc